Travel Advice for flybe Passengers
Last updated: 28th January 2023
In light of flybe going into administration, passengers booked on flybe flights should not come to the Airport.
Matthew Hall, Chief Executive of Belfast City Airport said:
“First and foremost, our thoughts are with Flybe employees and passengers affected by this disappointing and unexpected news.
“Passengers booked on Flybe flights should not travel to the airport and should seek further advice from the Civil Aviation Authority.
“Flybe operated 10 flights to and from Belfast City, 8 of which are currently served by other carriers from our airport.
“Alternative travel to Birmingham; Glasgow; Leeds Bradford; London Heathrow, Amsterdam; Edinburgh; Manchester; and Southampton can be arranged through Aer Lingus, KLM, British Airways and Loganair which operates flights to Teesside International from Belfast City Airport.”
The below outlines the routes served by BE and the alternatives available:
- Birmingham – served by Aer Lingus
- Glasgow – served by Aer Lingus
- Leeds Bradford – served by Aer Lingus
- London Heathrow – served by British Airways
- Amsterdam – served by KLM
- Edinburgh – served by Aer Lingus
- East Midlands – seeking alternative carriers
- Manchester – served by Aer Lingus
- Newcastle – Loganair flies to Teesside International
- Southampton – served by Aer Lingus
A number of our airline partners are offering discounted rescue flights for those affected by flybe entering into administration.
- British Airways is offering one-way fares of £50 plus taxes, fees, and charges. Visit ba.com for more information.
- easyJet is offering one-way fares for £49 on domestic flights, available on presentation of a flybe booking reference. Call +44 (0) 330 5515151 for more information.
Information relating to car park bookings
Customers affected by the collapse of flybe can cancel or amend their car park booking free of charge (including Long Stay Non-Flex bookings). This can be done online up to four hours before arrival via 'manage my booking'
If a customer is outside the four hour window or holds a Long Stay Non-Flex booking, they can contact the airport using the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website, providing their full name and booking reference, for further information.
If customers have re-booked with another airline partner from Belfast City Airport, you can amend your parking dates and times for free through 'manage my booking'. If you do incur an additional charge, please contact us directly through the 'Contact Us' section of the website.