Date: 29 Sep 2022The seventh Eastside Awards is now open for entry with a brand new category this year reflecting the efforts organisations are making to environmental sustainability.
There are 16 awards recognising the best of East Belfast. From volunteering to business growth, health and wellbeing to community impact, these awards aim to showcase those who are dedicated to the growth and development of this corner of Belfast and who are striving to deliver a better place for future generations.
Eastside Awards in association with George Best Belfast City Airport categories open for application are:
- Eastside Award for Apprentice of the Year sponsored by Wolseley Plumb & Parts
- Eastside Award for Best Organisation to Work For sponsored by Fleet Financial
- Eastside Award for Business Start Up sponsored by Belfast City Council
- Eastside Award for Business Growth sponsored by We’resure Insurance Services
- Eastside Award for Community Impact sponsored by Belfast Harbour
- Eastside Award for Contribution to the Arts sponsored by Millar McCall Wylie
- Eastside Award for Environmental Sustainability sponsored by Kainos
- Eastside Award for Excellence in Health and Wellbeing sponsored by GLL
- Eastside Award for Sports Initiative of the Year sponsored by Phoenix Natural Gas
- Eastside Award for Tourism Experience sponsored by EastSide Partnership
- Eastside Award for Young Person of the Year sponsored by George Best Belfast City Airport
- Eastside Award for Volunteer of the Year sponsored by East Belfast Mission
- Eastside Award for Outstanding Contribution to East Belfast sponsored by East Belfast Enterprise
Eastside Awards in association with George Best Belfast City Airport categories open for public nomination via Belfast Live are:
- Eastside Award for Favourite Classroom Assistant in East Belfast sponsored by Belfast Live
- Eastside Award for Favourite Eatery (Café/Restaurant) in East Belfast sponsored by Solv Group
- Eastside Award for Favourite Teacher in East Belfast sponsored by The Open University
Launching the seventh Eastside Awards, Chair of the organising committee and Chief Executive of East Belfast Enterprise, Jonathan McAlpin, said:
“We want to shout it from the rooftops that The Eastside Awards, now in its seventh year, is open for entry! Established to recognise all that is good about East Belfast, we have celebrated more than 180 finalists and congratulated almost 80 worthy winners since the awards began. The Eastside Awards has evolved to incorporate new categories this year which we believe reflect the ever changing landscape and will recognise a broad range of achievers throughout this little corner of Belfast where people do business, work, keep fit, dine and ultimately call their home.”
Stephen Patton, HR and CR Manager at Belfast City Airport, said:
“Belfast City Airport is, once again, honoured to team up with the Eastside Awards to celebrate all that is good and great about East Belfast.
“This is our seventh year in partnership with the Eastside Awards, shining the spotlight on the wonderful individuals, businesses, charities, and organisations who are making a real difference in our local community.
“Each and every year we are astounded by the calibre of entrants and their fantastic achievements, and we are sure that this year will be no different.
“We cannot wait to hear more stories of strength, selflessness and success from those living and working in East Belfast, an area that we are proud to support through various initiatives including the Belfast City Airport Community Fund, which has donated nearly £500,000 back to Greater Belfast since its inception.”
East Belfast TV presenter Tara Mills will host the awards at an evening of celebration on Friday 27 January 2023 in Hastings Stormont Hotel with entertainment sponsored by The Urban Villages Initiative.
To enter Eastside Awards in association with George Best Belfast City Airport by 28 October, visit www.eastsideawards.org.